Connections North Residency Programme
Connections North has supported international residency opportunities for ten North Yorkshire artists in Central Finland, West Sweden and Ireland.
- David and Heather Cook, Printmakers – residencies at The Finnish National Print Centre, Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Katharine Holmes, Painter – residency in Kilkenny, Ireland
- Jill Cole, Photographer – research visit to Finland
- Sarah Smith, Sculptor – residency at Konstnärnas Collective Workshop Bohuslän, West Sweden
- Hester Cox, Printmaker, residency at Ålgården Print Workshop and Gallery, Borås, West Sweden
Jeweller Debby Moxon was funded to make a visit to Jyvaskyla, Central Finland in 2012 in order to organise an exhibition featuring the work of four previous Connections North Artists: Debby Moxon, Tessa Bunney, Paul Clifford and Sally Greaves-Lord.
“Watching other sculptors, and particularly female sculptors, working to a large scale gave me confidence and inspiration to follow their example…… I believe this residency has been a major step in helping me shift in my work and vision for the coming years ahead – it has opened me up to other possibilities.” Sarah Smith